Tuesday 11 May 2010

New Plans :)

Since getting back from Nepal i have to admit to not really having a whole heap of enthusiasm for structured training.. this is not to say i've been sitting about.. far from it.

As soon as i got back i got my Genesis Aether road bike out and enjoyed some good riding on the road.. enjoying the great coastal views living in Newcastle affords me, mountain biking has been a few trail centres jaunts but mainly riding out from my door and riding local trails... in general i've just been really enjoying my riding.

Off the bike life has been pretty busy too.. after my post requesting challenges for the future i got contacted by David Warren or as he will be known the 'Bearded Man', organiser of the Blackmountains 3 Day (blackmountains3day.co.uk). After some chatting i am now involved in the planning and organising of this event and lending my full support to it as it is close as damn it to my perfect event... not really racing so no attitudes but nicely hard challenge riding.

I will try and mirror all Blackmountains updates here but keep an eye on the event website.



Next on my social agenda is the Keswick Mountain Festival, in particular the bike night where I will be doing a question and answer session on i assume what drives me and my riding although i haven't got the questions so it could be on anything:)

On the riding front life wouldn't be the same without a good challenge so shortly after the Keswick mountain festival i'll be packing the bivvi bag and with my friend Mike Mcfarlane we'll be taking on the West Highland way... then the East Highland way.. then the Speyside way.. a nice little coast to coast over a few days:)

I couldn't write this blog update without mentioning that the 'Rhino' Ryan Hawson and his wife Marnie dropped in last week as they prepared to start their 6 month brand awareness trip around Europe for Ay Up lighting... i am looking forward to going to meet them in Europe in July and having them back to stay when they get back to the UK in August... take it easy guys and have a great trip!!!

With all this new energy around me and things happening i met a man who could fulfill a desire of mine that i have had for a while now.. to get a representative tattoo sealing in ink what i believe in and what i stand for... tattoo's aren't for everyone but they are definately for me.. Martin was given free reign to design whatever he wanted with me giving him a few clues to how i live my life.. the work is started.. maybe finished.. and i'm loving it.



Answers on the back of the postcard if anyone knows what it says :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it something about cheese? No? You'll have to tell me when i come up then...

Rich Holland said...

I'l find a way or make one! Ive often looked at that and thought it'd be a cool tattoo!!

Jacquetta said...

Hannibal: "either I'll find a way or I'll make one".

However, is the tattoo temporary or is it, er, editable? I do believe the original is AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM which may mean you need a slightly longer arm? (Noun before verb in Latin, and aut ... aut is the "either ... or" bit, in case you really want to know.)

paul.e said...

Also the motto of one Admiral Robert E Peary... who scrawled it on a bedroom wall while recovering from frostbite after ne of his many attempts on the pole.

jbwilliamz said...

I heart Egg & Rrrraksi?

paul.e said...

Yeah its welsh!!!

Why aren't you and your mates signed up to my event????

jbwilliamz said...

They're all soft...
I'll check my diary (bank balance).

So I'm assuming you survived handgliding with Mad Max?

paul.e said...

I never made it into the Aussies pouch.. He'll be in Europe now i suppose.. crazy guy.

rhino said...

So, your saying that I now need another tattoo......BRILLIANT. And hurry up over to europe.